|More MLPA Stakeholders named|
Posted by Divebum Don on November 18, 2008 at 14:46:48:|
California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative Announcement
Who: MLPA Initiative Executive Director Ken Wiseman
What: Announces newest members of the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (see below)
When: November 18, 2008
- - - - - - - - - - - -
MLPA Initiative Executive Director Ken Wiseman today announced seven new members of the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group on behalf of MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force Chair Don Benninghoven and California Department of Fish and Game Director Donald Koch.
"These new members complete the group and bring an in-depth knowledge about local resources and uses to help redesign marine protected areas within the study region," said Executive Director Wiseman. "While the group is made up of primary and alternate members, we give great weight to all members having a voice at the table and especially the important work of developing MPA proposals."
The new members are in Ventura today for the second meeting of the regional stakeholder group, being held at the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach Hotel. The stakeholder group will work with a blue ribbon task force, science advisory team, and MLPA staff to help California improve the design and management of the south coast portion of a statewide network of marine protected areas.
Seven new members complete the regional stakeholder group:
· Lauren Czarnecki, Lab Manager, Information Technology Manager and Research Coordinator, Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies (alternate for Wayne Griffin)
· Josh Fisher, commercial lobster fisherman (alternate for Phil Beguhl)
· Wayne Griffin, President, Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce
· R. Kevin Ketchum, General Manager, California Yacht Marina
· Marc Mills, Marketing Promotion/Product Manager, Okuma Fishing Tackle Corporation (alternate for Dr. Chugey Sepulveda)
· Dave Rudie, Owner, Catalina Offshore Products (alternate for R. Kevin Ketchum)
· Dr. Chugey Sepulveda, Laboratory Director, Pfleger Institute of Environmental Research
For more information about the MLPA Initiative, please visit http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa
|Optional Link URL:|
|Optional Link Title:|
|Optional Image URL:|
|Post Background Color:||White Black|
|Post Area Page Width:||Normal Full|
|You must type in the
scrambled text key to
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.