diver.net

Re: Try a Difuser

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on November 21, 2008 at 19:32:15:

In Reply to: Try a Difuser posted by Walt on November 21, 2008 at 08:56:53:

That may work. It's almost like the light head needs to be a little larger and the lens a little flatter and a reflector needs to be added. It's kind of hard for me to describe, but the best I can explain is that, all there is is a hot spot with no periferal diffused glow around it. All you see is a very small super bright hot spot and that's it. There's also a sharp light ring outside of the hotspot quite a ways out (probably from the perimiter of the lens), but between the hot spot and the ring there is no light, it's black.
I could see a definite use as a safety device with this light. It's bright enough for signaling and it also has an SOS mode where it blinks out an SOS signal and it has a constant flashing stobe mode. It also has three different constant light power modes, 5 modes in all. If someone was stranded out in the ocean and darkness fell it would be bright enough that the strobe or SOS signal could be seen for several miles or even from the air. It reminds me of a teeny version of a search light, like the huge ones you see on a trailer swirling around in the sky at night for a store event.
But to be perfectly honest I don't know how well it's going to work as a dive light for night diving. I was hoping for a little more flood to broadcast the light a little better.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to