diver.net

California Dive Boat Association


JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Dive boat Association on December 24, 2008 at 17:16:06:

The members(Boats)of the Association posted a "Happy Holidays" message a few days ago and were, with no surprise, attacked by the same few who always degrade this board. Knowing this is a troll I normally wound not respond however I would like to let the diving community know what the association is doing.

The Association members, again Dive Boats have agreed to increase the level of professionalism and safety of their vessels. To date 90 % of the boats are AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) equipped with the remaining 10% of the boats to be compliant by the first quarter of 2009, additionally the Captains and crew have been trained and certified in wet environment use of the AED.

The Association is also working with Harbor Departments, Marina's and boating publications on posting placards showing the Diver Down Flag and it's meaning to keep a reasonable distance away from vessels displaying it. The artwork for the placard is almost finalized and hopes are to have it distributed by early Spring of 2009.

The California Dive Boat Association web site should be done soon and will have a section for feed back and comments.

One of our members is currently involved and was picked for the "Blue Ribbon" task force for the ongoing MILPA issues and another member is very active in the "Ships to Reefs" project.

The California Dive Boat Association and it's members fully respect the decision of other Calif. dive boats not to be members and in no way feel that their operations are less than professional or safe. We do feel however that when tackling issues there is strength in numbers and a good example would be how members and active divers from this BBS came together on the removal of gill nets from our local dive spots.

I'm more than sure this post again will bring out the usual attackers however if you have any constructive comments or ideas for the Association please let us know.

Capt. Jerry



Follow Ups:


Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Message:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.
capcha
Text Key:

      


diver.net