diver.net

A resounding "NO!!!" to Sea Me Repair

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on January 29, 2009 at 01:08:21:

In Reply to: Re: Drysuit repair in LA area? posted by Kendall Raine on January 28, 2009 at 05:59:54:

I agree with WalterM.

We used to use them at Reef Seekers and Karen did very good work for us. But something definitely changed 12-18 months ago.

I sent her my own personal drysuit and asked if I could get it back in 4 weeks. She said she'd try. After that time passed, I called. No return phone calls. I called again. machine was full and wouldn't take messages. Called again and left a message (so she must have gotten the others) but no return phone call.

Short version is that when she finally called me (about four moths later) and I mentioned that I'd left her numerous messages without a return call, Her answer was "S**t happens." She promised to get me the suit in a week or so and missed that deadline along with one or two more promised delivery dates.

She finally got me my suit after about six months . . . and it still leaked. She swore she pressure-tested it and asked me to send it back to her. I said no. Then she asked me when I was going to pay her. I said, for what???? (I ended up paying her a significantly redcued rate.)

They used to be good. I can't in all good conscience recommend anyone go to them now based on my last experience with them.

- Ken
—————————————————
Ken Kurtis
Owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co.
Beverly Hills, CA
www.reefseekers.com

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL: