|Call For Underwater Videos|
Posted by SCUBA Show 2009 on February 03, 2009 at 15:01:24:|
Dear Underwater Videographer,
Itís time to begin assembling your films for consideration for the SCUBA Show 2009 Continuous Underwater Film Festival. Submission deadline is March 17, 2009. We have changed some of our guidelines so please read the information below completely. Many works will be submitted but few chosen.
To increase chances of being chosen, please follow the guidelines:
1) Length of the video film submission should be 5 to 25 minutes with 10 to 15 minutes being ideal.
2) Please submit all video films in DVD format.
3) Videos should not be business promotional in nature.
4) If chosen, you will be required to sign a guarantee that the contents of your film does not infringe on any rights including music, footage, voice, personal and other rights.
5) Material that has NOT been previously screened at film festivals or on television is strongly preferred. If it has been shown elsewhere, please state as such and where.
6) On acceptance, SCUBA Show 2009 requests that no portion of the film be shown in film festivals or on television in the period of time leading up to SCUBA Show 2009. All rights revert to the owner after the screening of the video film.
7) Content of the submission should be a minimum of 1/3 underwater with 1/2 or more preferred.
More general guidelines: a) Narration is not necessary and unless well written and spoken, often just gets in the way. Suitable background music is often appropriate but be sure you have the proper legal rights to use the music. b) Material should be clear, sharp, and bright. Accepted films will be screened using state-of-the-art video onto a very large viewing area. c) We look for the unusual. Footage from unusual underwater locale or activities is favored. In the past we have shown everything from coral to kelp; man to manatees; Lake Tahoe to Truk Lagoon.
Please make your submissions no later than March 17, 2009. Submit as many pieces as you wish and there is no entry fee. Submit only good quality duplicate DVDs. Do not send original recordings. To have duplicate DVDs returned, included proper sized self address stamped envelope with proper postage. SCUBA Show 2009 is not responsible for lost or damaged DVDs. This is not a contest. Films chosen for screening are done so at the sole discretion of SCUBA Show 2009 management.
Accepted films will receive an honorarium of $50 paid for the first showing. An additional $25 will be paid for each additional showing thereafter (typically, films are shown at least twice, sometimes up to 3 times). Information about the film will be published in an advanced edition of California Diving News and in the show program.
Please send your submissions to P.O. Box 11231, Torrance, CA 90510. Questions? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sincerely, Dale Sheckler Producer
|Optional Link URL:|
|Optional Link Title:|
|Optional Image URL:|
|Post Background Color:||White Black|
|Post Area Page Width:||Normal Full|
|You must type in the
scrambled text key to
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.