diver.net

Rodney Orr White Shark Attacks

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ralph S. Collier on February 07, 2009 at 21:03:24:

Dear Sir,

I have the pleasure of interviewing Rodney Orr, Santa Rosa, CA. on February 10th at 6 PM Pacific. I have included information below for those that would like to participate. I believe the diving community is a group of highly qualified ocean users that have provided insights and data for a number of my research projects over a period of more than 40 years. For this generous loyality, I coordially invite you and your membership to join me for an interesting and exciting 60 minutes with Rod.

Sincerely yours,

Ralph S. Collier
Shark Research Committee

Rodney Orr Tele-Conference

Thank you for your interest in the upcoming FREE TeleConference with our very special guest, Rodney Orr of Santa Rosa, California. A Free-diver with more than 45 years of experience and the only person in the world that I am aware of that has the distinction of being attacked TWICE by Great White Sharks:

1961 – “As the shark charged me I raised my arm to deflect its mouth but it grabbed my hip, biting into my weight belt and hooking a piece of my wetsuit. I began gouging the shark’s eye as it pulled me through the water.”

1990 – “I was face down when the water seemed to explode all around me, as my head and shoulders were lifted from the water. My vision cleared just for a moment, long enough for me to see water rushing under my head. A large triangular tooth blocked most of the vision of my right eye, as I realized my head was in the mouth of a Great White Shark and it was racing out to sea.”

In addition to our visit with Rodney, we will discuss the increase in stranded marine mammals this past year and the possible implications on your ocean water activities.

The FREE Tele-Conference will be held on Tuesday, February 10th from 6:00 – 7:00 PM (Pacific). To participate in this call, here’s all you need do. Right now, send an email* to:

Ralph@SharkResearchWorldwide.org

and put the word “Conference” in the subject line of your email. That’s it. There is no need to write a message unless you have a special question for Rodney or our discussion. So, please join me for an extraordinary conversation with Rodney Orr about his TWO encounters with Great White Sharks and for the answers to your questions.

This TeleConference is co-sponsored by the Shark Research Committee and Shark Research Worldwide.

Telephone toll charges may apply. Check with your carrier for specific details of your current phone plan.

*Your email address will be kept confidential.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to