diver.net

FS - Atlan Trilam Drysuit + Undies - $250 OBO

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam Bovie on March 14, 2009 at 02:59:20:

For sale is an Atlan (made by Typhoon) Trilaminate Drysuit in need of some work. Included are a Medium-Large set of *heavy* atlan undies orignally used in Massachusetts winter waters. The suit probably will fit someone 5'6"-5'8" 160-180 lbs.

I bought this a couple years ago, it was too small for me (5'10" 200lb), and now I need some $$ to fix up the *Right* drysuit for me that I just bought. If I were 2 inches shorter and about 15 lbs lighter I'd be using this suit.

Pros:
Suit material is in great condition, and it has no leaks as it was leak tested and fully patched at Sea-Me in San Diego before they went crazy a while back.
Front-zip, easy on and off with suspenders
DC-Style Dryglove rings already installed with new seals. (Blue gloves not included)
Size 11 hard sole boots with neoprene up to the ankles in great condition.
Si-Tech chest inflation and shoulder dump valves.

Wrist seals new, but cut slightly, in addition to the dryglove rings.

Cons:
Zipper has a surface break in between one of the teeth (See pics), and will fail at some point in the future. Right now the break is not affecting watertight integrity, and I've done my drysuit training in the suit with no leaks. It is a true heavy-duty BDM / YKK zipper, However, it will go at some point in the future and I can't guarantee how long it will last. Hence the low price on the suit / undies.

Neck seal is OK, but I've got a big neck (16-16.5) and it will probably will need to be replaced.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to