diver.net

I have a few plates available

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on March 16, 2009 at 08:27:39:

I just got done hand making a small run of new plates.
These are made out of 1/4" aluminum this time and are really cool. I wanted to experiment with aluminum since it is cheaper and easier to work. It's also easier to polish up. They are lighter than the s/s so they will be good for travel and also for backpack diving. I dove one the other day up here in Norcal and it worked fine for cold water too. There is no tank bracket or rail on the back. I figured out a way to eliminate all that. The bottom is curved away from your back just like the older models but in the center where the crotch strap slot is located, the metal is formed to create a rounded cradle that holds the tank in position. The tank cam bands down flat to the rest of the plate.
There are ways of attaching extra non ditchable weight to the rig like stringing a 2 lb weight on each side of the waist straps and placing them as far back as possible back by the plate out of the way and combining this with a weight belt.
Or one can cam band an extra weight onto the tank if needed.
This plate will be great for airline travel.

Specs:

Weight 1lb 12oz
Height 14.5"
Width 10"
Slot width 3/8"
Alloy 5052 Aluminum
Thickness 1/4"

I'm selling them for $100 each plus shipping and CA tax if applicable (hurry because it goes up to 9% April 1st)
I can take Visa and M/C again (over the phone)

If interested e-mail me at ericsedletzky at yahoo dot com
or call me at:
(707) 318-2577 cell
(707) 538-1276 office

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black