diver.net

Re: Re: Would you suggest OW course for newbies, at Catalina?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff in landlocked %$#@^* Arizona on March 18, 2009 at 15:37:45:

In Reply to: Re: Would you suggest OW course for newbies, at Catalina? posted by Rich on March 17, 2009 at 14:45:12:

Thanks for the $ .02, both of you.
I myself took OW classes/pool work in Flagstaff, AZ; we then went to Rocky Point/Puerto Penasco, Mex, for OW. The days we were down there, the instructors were 'bragging' that we had all of about 12' Viz "Man this is great!!!"

Later, my son & I took the AOW class at Lake Powell, Viz 'might' have been 20-25' in places...

Other than the majority of my dives off the No.Channel Islands, we dive Lake Pleasant, the lakes up near Flagstaff, Oak Creek Canyon... wherever we can get, in order to blow bubbles...

My thought too is to get the coursework & ow work done here, just as you stated, so as to be able to enjoy "just diving" while at Catalina... I'm assuming their very first dives, after cert, will be at Catalina...

Thanks Much for the advice! (I think I've swayed them into this... am sure they can find a "guide" or maybe a group to go with when they get out there...)

?Might you have any recommendations in that regard? If need be, you can email me at kelling at commspeed dot net
Thanks,
Jeff

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to