diver.net

Re: Ambassador Transit Hotel in Singapore Airport - THE BEST!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on March 23, 2009 at 09:41:48:

In Reply to: Ambassador Transit Hotel in Singapore Airport? posted by malibudiver on March 23, 2009 at 02:28:32:

I've stayed here numerous times on the flight to Manado and on my way to the Maldives, too. It's fabulous.

First of all, do NOT claim your luggage. You'll check it all the way through to Manado at the counter at LAX. However, that does mean you need to carry some sort of overnight bag with you.

The other downside of claiming your luggage is that once you do, you then go through Customs and you are now officially in Singapore. You can no longer go to the Transit Hotel (which is inside security) because you are no longer a passenger-in-trasnit. So don't worry about the bags.

I'm assuming you're on the flight that arrives at 1AM from LAX and the departing flight is 9AM-ish to Manado. You can book the Transit Hotel for a 6-hour block with up to 3 1-hour extensions. We usually book it as 1AM-8AM (7 hours) so we've got plenty of time.

The hotel (there are actually three of them so make sure you know exactly which one you're booked into) is just like a regular hotel with two beds in each room, bathroom, shower, and even a TV. It's a great way to get some sleep before you cotninue on to Manado. There are also plenty of food places near all three of the Transit Hotels so you can get breakfast before you continue on to Manado.

Have a blast!!!

- Ken
------------------
Ken Kurtis
Owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co.
Beverly Hills, CA

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL: