diver.net

CHAMBER CHALLENGE 2009 - UPDATE #4 - $7675

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chamber Day Committee on April 10, 2009 at 11:04:55:

(Posted 4/10/09 - last updated 3/31/09)

I guess it really is a "good" Friday when I can tell you that we've passed the $7000 mark!!! Our latest batch of donors underscores the value of all of those $100 donations as they really do add up and help us along the way.

Even so, the $1000 donors certainly do help us leapfrog along and we want to single out our latest $1000 donor. That would be DiveNav (Alberto Montovanai, the President of DiveNav, is also on the Chamber day steering committee) and we appreciate their continued support of this event. Although they deal ion virtual dives, DiveNav recognizes that there's no virtual cure for the bends and understands the importance of having our Chamber available to divers 24/7/365. They'll also get their name on one of the candles on our Chamber's 35th birthday cake.

On a more personal level, I want to single out the donation that my dad George, made in memory of my mom, Fran Ollweiler, who died last summer.

My mom and dad don't dive. In fact, I think it always made them a bit nervous to know that their son engaged in activities riskier than what they'd like to see. But even so, they recognize the importance of the Chamber whether it would be needed by me or by one of you. And every year they (along with my sister Sue) support this event.

So I would hope that you if you're a diver, and even your non-diving friends and family, would think about pitching in. We hope you will never need the services of Karl Huggins & Co. But if you do, know that you'll be well-taken care of and that your donation helped make it all possible.

So . . . Who's next??? Who will help us get past $8000?????

CHAMBER CHALLENGE 2009 - $7675 total (Updated 4/10/09 @ 11AM - last updated 3/31)
(* New donors are marked with an asterisk)

Gold ($1,000 and up)
* DiveNav, Inc.
Pacific Wilderness
Sport Chalet
Laurie Kasper & Ken Kurtis

Silver ($500-999)
Karl Huggins
CA Diving News/The Scuba Show
Dr. Susan Grant

Bronze ($100-499)
* In memory of Fran Ollweiler
* The Sea Divers