diver.net

The Trump Wreck, PV

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on April 13, 2009 at 22:11:10:

Just filmed a sailboat being destroyed that I first I observed drifting off Inspiration Point (Archery Range) in PV, I'm walkin' the dog and I can tell this boat is drifting, but it didn't seem right, a captain always has some intention, but I could tell it was too 'with the wind" or maybe he's got a beer and and a rod out, it's nice afternoon.

I brought no cell phone, well by the time I figure out he's goin' ashore I run home to get the camera and get the shot ;~) and call 911, I grab my rescue beach gear too and head over to Trumps where he hit. County was on it , Thanks Bay Watch for all their hard work to try and free this vessel from the rocky shore, and for the ride out, and Thanks Coasties.

For about 3 hours I sadly documented an old man's 26 footer and his dreams go from a salvage job, to beach debis :( Sorry "Eddie" I'll post some footage after I hack it down to size. He said his only outboard 6 horse Merc died, he was ill prepared, remember your anchor is an important part of your safety gear, it will keep you off the beach or a reef. Many other lessons to discuss, just sad...Channel 9 flew over.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to