diver.net

Re: Re: Re: North Coast Diving

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on April 15, 2009 at 21:09:39:

In Reply to: Re: Re: North Coast Diving posted by Darren on April 15, 2009 at 13:15:58:

Like Jon said, that is the primo boat for Ocean Cove.
The North Coast launch sites from south to north are as follows:

1) Bodega Bay. Fully improved launch facility for any size boat but a 20 mile run north to where the good diving starts.

2) Timber cove. just north of Ft Ross. They launch your boat fopr you and it's around $30. small bopats and inflatables. I don't like it and never go there. Besides my boat's too big.

3) Ocean Cove. I can launch here. This is my favorite spot for Sonoma County. $8.00 ramp fee. 4 wheel drive recommended but not required. This site is very tide sensitive with larger boats.

4) Point Arena. There is a hoist out on the pier. You must have your own harness/sling setup. They hoist your boat into the water from the pier. There is a $20 fee. This is my favorite Mendocino County launch site becase no trailer rinsing. There is some of the best diving in the area including Arena Rock and Saunders Reef.

5) Albion. You already are familiar with Albion. I have been going out of Albion for years and love the pinnacles off Stillwell Point and Colby Reef. Albion is very tide sensitive.

6) Fort Bragg. A fully improved commercial fishing port. It's 13.5 miles north of Albion. I've gone out of Ft. Bragg a few times but don't know much about the diving in that immediate area.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.