diver.net

Some Long Point considerations…

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on April 24, 2009 at 15:34:28:

Not in my backyard! (or maybe…?) Some Long Point considerations…

I used to hate the idea of Terranea taking over our old private 100 acre divesite, “Mayor Phil’s Personal Playground”, Marineland OTP …… our Long Point ☹ The end of an era, …the party’s over, …there’s a “new dog” movin’in…… Well I don’t think that way anymore, I look forward to the opening and facilities, but things are gonna change in the neighborhood I believe.

While anchored off shore at Long Point last Saturday I realized that in just a month or so I’ll be able to swim or Kayak to shore for a shower, a snack, a coffee, or even a Spa Treatment, a great bottle of wine, and a Fine Dinner, Wow! That changes things around here considerably to a more of a Catalina Style experience. Can you imagine a string of boats anchored in the sand bar off the cove with swimmers and Yakers heading for the inviting beach? We don’t have this anywhere else locally. Things are gonna change.

Wheather waiting in 405 traffic, or sitting on a boat a couple hundred yards off shore or saddled on your horse a couple miles away, Lowe’s Destination Resorts intends for Terranea to be your “Destination” if you’re in L.A., so be prepared ;~)
This has been a Public Service Announcement from The Palos Verdes Divers Association ;~)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to