Posted by ken Kurtis on May 05, 2009 at 17:03:54:|
Sorry to spring this on everyone at the last minute but six of the Chamber Day boats have decided to make a weather call now, based on the forecast for sea conditions tomorrow, and will NOT be doing Chamber Day in the morning.
These boats are NOT going in the morning: Great Escape, Magician, Pacific Star, Psalty V, Sea Bass, & Second Stage
These boats ARE still going to try to leave at 7AM: Bottom Scratcher, Sand Dollar, Sundiver, Sundiver Express, Sundiver II. (Realize that there is still a chance that the seas are such in the morning that we are not able to get across to Catalina and will have to cancel the remaining boats.)
For those on whom we are canceling our apologies. There is no specific Plan B in effect right now. There is talk of trying to reschedule to another Wednesday down the road but that's a decision we simply don't have time to make tonight. There is also not an option to move anyone to another boat since the boats that are going are all full.
The key thing is to get this message out to anyone on one of the boats not going. If you know of anyone on a boat that's not going, please give them a call for us to make sure they saw this e-mail. We're sending it out to as many people as we can and feel free to forward it to any e-mailing lists you may have. Needless to say, sorry for the inconvenience.
We appreciate the support you give the Chamber and hope you'll be able to do whatever Plan B we come up with.
None of this affects Chamber Evening at the Long Beach Aquarium. So for those of you booked for there, we'll at least have the pleasure of your company then.
Chairman, Chamber Day/Eve 2009
P.O. Box 11634
Beverly Hills, CA 90213