diver.net

Closed Units

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on May 31, 2009 at 21:27:47:

In Reply to: NO TRESSPASSING sign will be the Future of MPA's when there is no money posted by closed for lack of funds on May 30, 2009 at 09:44:16:

I wonder if this is the strategy that in NPS is known as "let's close Yellowstone" because they know the public outcry will keep the park open. I say this because I see that El Capitan is on the hit list. Now when I worked at El Cap as a groundskeeper oh so many years ago, I recall the head of maintenance telling me "we need to close this park for a year and completely rennovate everything, but we can't because this park generates enough surplus to keep 10 other parks open. So it seems a false economy for the Governor to close every SB in Santa Barbara County from Pt. Sal (which really isn't open much because of road damage) to Gaviota, Refugio, El Cap, and Carpinteria. Now that is every state beach in SBC. For those planning beach "staycations" looks like you are not in any luck. Fortunately, the closures are planned for after the summer. Too bad, I have great memories of playing volleyball at Carp, and diving my brains out on the reefs at Refugio. In fact, that is where we taught most of our classes. Great facilities, easy entry and exit, good reef structure. Oh well, guess it had to happen. Might be a good thing the gubernator will be going back to making movies in a short time.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to