diver.net

A Modest Proposal

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pissed-off on June 03, 2009 at 15:30:11:

In Reply to: Poachers Threaten Monterey’s Endangered Black Abalone posted by CDFG Press Release on June 03, 2009 at 12:41:59:

A Modest Proposal…

It amazes me that these repeat poaching offenders continue to ply their filthy trade. Two, three, four arrests and convictions and still they continue. It’s obvious that the current punishments that are meted out do not serve the purpose to deter these miscreants from raping the already suffering natural resources along our coast.

So, my modest proposal is this: Executions of those flagrant flaunters of our fish and game laws. Perhaps something along the lines of fastening them to a rocky bottom, at an extreme low tide, Charging admission both for viewing (as the tide comes in) and a special fee that would allow one to huck rocks at the soon to be disposed poaching bastard.

The benefits of this means of deterring poaching are myriad – first and foremost, we cull the population of those who place their greed above all else. Second, we provide a very graphic lesson to those who might consider prancing down the poaching path. Third, as a Pay-for-view, and with real-time audience tickets, it could generate much needed funds for support of CF&G. And finally, confiscation of all private property held by the poacher.

A win-win-win as far as I can see.

Draconian you say? I think not. I am truly pissed how these bastards continue to ravage resources and remain undeterred by the current punishments. A few examples as I have suggested, I’m sure, would really make a big difference

Again, just a modest proposal.

Don’t get me started about taggers…

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to