diver.net

Re: Re: Not to target any one group of people...

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on June 06, 2009 at 18:48:50:

In Reply to: Re: Not to target any one group of people... posted by Tao H on June 06, 2009 at 11:43:58:

This is what puzzles me. I know many Chinese and Japanese people. Not many Hmong, Vientamese, or Korean.
From everything I have seen and know about my asian friends are that they are fanatical about doing the right thing and obeying the laws. I would think that other asians would be of similar morality and once caught and fined would never do it again, but I guess not.

I thought that maybe besides the new immigrant status of some of the offenders, being that they are of Vietnamese, Cambodian, or from Laos, maybe there's some kind of resentment or hatred towards the U.S. for our trashing their countries back during the Vietnam war? SO they figure the hell with them I raping their resources, and no matter how much I take it would never add up to what they did to our people and our culture. I don't know. But then most of the people that would have experienced that and remebered the horrors would be in their 50's to 60's now.

Maybe they just love abalone so much and it's worth so much to them that they will do anything to get it and pay any price.

With the white boy poachers it's just good 'ol dirt bag greed.
Unfortunately with this economy I think we're going to see record poaching.

I have a good idea, sit on the bluff with a paint ball gun and let 'em have it. Keep a cooler of frozen paint balls by your side. This method works well for taggers too.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to