diver.net

That's hard to believe

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by PADI Dumbster Diver on June 11, 2009 at 20:52:43:

In Reply to: Worst Ocean Related/Marine Life Movie Ever? posted by Elaine on June 10, 2009 at 21:43:40:

Maybe I could believe in a giant porpoise jumping out of the water to grab an airliner, I've seen stuff like that before,
but I really can't believe a shark could jump that high. Really, I think it far more likely that an airliner would be
attacked by the radioactive pterodactyls from near the Hanford Reservation, but they are kept well fed to avoid that.

Also, the shark taking a bite out of a steel ship. Come on. Whales do that kind of stuff all the time, but not sharks.
Those whales are still pretty peeved and who can blame them.

Now I do know for a fact that various cephalopods get to enormous sizes and are near as intelligent as humans if not
more so. Beyond a doubt the giant squid variety (>200 meter) are extremely intelligent and communicate by making shapes with
their bioluminescent skin cells that allow for rapid communication and control of the smaller species of squids. So I can see one being able to swat fighter jets out of the sky,
but I think they would carefully stay hidden as they have in the past to avoid suspicion if any more of their artifacts or toolss were found. Besides, it is far more likely in biological
terms that it would have grabbed it with a sucker and made a meal of it. It's far more practical and as we all know
cephalopods are nothing if not practical.
I found out later that those squid that attacked us when I was diving with
Captain Nemo
were actually sent by larger squid to try to steal Captain Nemo's submarine to get the technology. Those
ones we met were supposed to capture him alive. ... Yah, it wasn't completely a coincidence that I knew the Captain, but I
had to say so... politics... plausible deniability.
In the year 2012 expect a visit to the shores by intelligent jellyfish. They may seem dumb, but that's just a disguise. They
cammunicate telepathically and can merge their minds into a poweful plurality that will make the Scanners seem
benevolent... Oh, I forgot. I wasn't supposed to mention the Scanner incident. We were only able to subdue them with the
help of vampires and so it's all very classified. By the way, it's not aliens in Area 54, it's vampires that are
cyrogenically frozen until we need them again. We caught them when an airliner landed and they had eaten everyone else aboard
so the Sky Marshals were suspicious that the codes from the pilots were incorrect. Pure luck.
Oh, gotta run. My boss, Dick is paging me on my shoe phone. It seems that North Korea is about to attack Hawaii and turn it
over to Russia in exchange for some much needed cash and a few H Bombs.
I'll try to keep you posted, but it's such a dangerous world out there that I doubt I'll make it past the end of the week.
You had better go diving quick. Word is the oceans may get stolen by the Martians now that the Rover's found their capital
city and sent back photographs.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.