diver.net

Much better Sunday

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rich on June 15, 2009 at 07:26:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Bad dat at Marineland posted by Max Bottomtime on June 13, 2009 at 15:24:32:

First of all glad to see you got your dive lights back. Six of us showed up Sunday and were treated with significantly better conditions than expected. Did the first dive to the 120 reef and greeted with a good 10-15' viz from midway out. The shallows were still pretty stired up with 2-5' viz. Hundreds of lemon dorids, or as my daughter calls them "twinkies." We felt so lucky on the first that we tried the second dive toward the point. Got lazy and dropped down even with the storm drain and turned around just short of the point. The sand flats were pretty much a white out. I can see how you lost your lights. But once inside the kelp line, in and around the boulders, viz opened up nicely to 8-10'. It was an explosion of Hermissenda crassicornis. Must have been 5-10 on every rock I looked on. Truly amazing. Swell picked up after 11am pretty big. But not bad if you timed the sets. Easy in and out for all. Two of my Laguna friends were blown away by OML and have declared their conversion.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to