diver.net

Re: Terranea review

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rich on June 15, 2009 at 07:54:01:

In Reply to: Terranea review posted by Jeff Shaw on June 13, 2009 at 20:20:58:

I agree that the prices are a little high ($15 for a burger & fries), but about what I'd expect to pay if staying at a 5 star resort. The $6 microbrews were tasty at Nelson's and loved all the Sea Hunt memorabilia. It was just as easy to hit Pronto's on the way home for a $7 platter of artery clogging brilliance.

Otherwise, the resort was beautiful. I think the architecture blends in perfectly with the community, as well as the native landscaping. I really want to stay here after seeing it. The main pool area with water slide looked like a paradise for families. I showed my dauther a pic of the slide and she is anxious to try it. Soon... The public parking lot is huge, but filled up quick due to the grand opening (this will improve in time I think). But divers arrive before the crowds anyway. The trails were nice and smooth. My baby stroller loved them. Every member of the staff I talked to was welcoming and friendly. The beach wasn't exactly white sand...more of a brown sand mixed with shell. The beach umbrella's are mostly for looks...tiny when open giving only 3-4' diameter of shade. I did wonder if the gazeebo's on the beach were available to the public for rent or free? There was no one around to ask and most went unused. We stayed clear out of respect for the new resort. They've got some bugs to work out as you would expect. Public bathrooms weren't unlocked until 10:30am.

Terranea is a class operation and I'm happy to share our bit of heaven with them.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to