diver.net

OML Dive Report Friday, June 19

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rich on June 19, 2009 at 22:26:34:

Two of us decided to play hookey today when we saw the swell report. From the bluff above we could see all the way down to the bottom of the shallows and we knew we were in for a special day. We kicked out from the cove all the way to the Point and dropped down at 40' straight out from the pylon. The water at the surface was a balmy 66 degree. But we hit a thermocline near the bottom and it hit 48 degrees with a max depth of 52'. In and around the pinnacles we found no less than 10 different variety of nudi. The vis averaged 10-15' and hit some spots of 20'. There was so much to take photos of during our 58 min. bottom time that we skipped heading back entirely in lieu of an equally long surface swim back. Finishing touch was a chance encounter with a beautiful 4' guitar fish. Wish I had time for a second dive..... Got some great photos on land of the resident hawk and owl, along with various shots of the Terranea Resort. If someone can tell me how to post pics on this board I'll try. Stay wet!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to