diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Seaweed Rebellion: North Coast Enviros Battle Schwarzenegger and Big Green

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Knight on June 21, 2009 at 14:03:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: The Seaweed Rebellion: North Coast Enviros Battle Schwarzenegger and Big Green posted by halinug on June 21, 2009 at 12:39:36:

I'm curious which fisheries you think have been well managed and made sustainable here in California? I can think of a lot that haven't but I'm pressed to think of one that has been? Salmon? Nope. Abalone? Nope. Boccaio? Nope? Cow Cod? Nope? Steelhead? Nope. White Sea Bass? Nope. Black Sea Bass? Nope.

I have to be honest, your notion that we can manage all these individual fisheries sustainably doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Don't blame the commercial guys either. With the "abundance" of great fishing here in California, commercial fishing is a fraction of what it was 25 years ago. No good fishing left so they did. Morro Bay, Monterey, San Pedro, and San Fransico are ghost ports for commercial guys. You can't blame the commercial guys anymore.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to