diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Seaweed Rebellion: North Coast Enviros Battle Schwarzenegger and Big Green Over MLPA

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Knight on June 22, 2009 at 10:22:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Seaweed Rebellion: North Coast Enviros Battle Schwarzenegger and Big Green Over MLPA posted by Eric S on June 22, 2009 at 08:30:45:

First off, I didn't suggest "raping and pillaging" occurring off Sea Ranch. I said "heavily accessed." That's just just lame rhetoric to label me as some sort of extremist. It's a popular destination for abs however and to say it isn't doesn't make it any less true.

As for whether or not you dive SoCal, I don't really care and I didn't even bother to think about it until you brought it up. Your question on wheter or not I dove Pt. Reyes/Fort Bragg was only brought up to devalue an opinion and position someone as an outsider making trouble, hence the "you guys are overreacting." Who are you guys?

Again, you seem to say that it's all Southern Cal's fault and that Nor Cal is a separate, isolated place where nothing bad could happen to any species so why take a step to protect the abs there? I just don't understand that.

It's amazing how we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again when it comes to our fisheries here in California and then be arrogant enough to deny that we don't know everything. What's wrong with erring on the side of caution and trying to really protect something for a change?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to