diver.net

Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From Their Trees

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Knight on June 22, 2009 at 14:57:12:

In Reply to: Apples Don't Fall Far From Their Trees posted by Walt on June 22, 2009 at 13:21:36:

Walt,

Nothing personal but you're really spinning this. Saying Susan Golding is just a sales person is a stretch. She was mayor of the 3rd largest city in California and she is a UCLA School of Public Affairs Distinguished Policy Fellow. The Golding Group is a international strategic consulting firm btw. I didn't agree with her decisions when she was in office but still, A sales person?

Meg Cladwell and Jane Pisano also not just some "public type." They are independent public policy and planning experts who have headed up these programs at Stanford and USC respectively.

You spun this to make it seem like they are just pawns to this great conspiracy.

I think putting other industries on the board isn't out of line either. Why shouldn't there be cross-section? DO we know who else tried to volunteer and who was not taken?

As for the rest of the BRTF, I think you can question the agenda of anyone who would volunteer for this long process because they all bring their own life luggage to the table but this tinfoil hat theory is a little much.

Big industry hasn't racked up many wins in California over the past 20 years and oil is right up there with tobacco in terms of popularity. That's why the state land commission is talking about rejecting the deal that would allow oil drilling in state waters as a result of the federal lifting of oil-drilling moratorium.

I also agree that the people of Mendicino County and Pt. Arena should have a say. So should the rest of the people in California however.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to