diver.net

Re: Re: Who's charging $120 for a Cat trip? - Me, sort of

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on June 22, 2009 at 20:36:05:

In Reply to: Re: Who's charging $120 for a Cat trip? - Me, sort of posted by Ken Kurtis on June 22, 2009 at 15:47:35:

Kind of reminds me of my backplate venture. I thought it would be much better to do all the sales myself on the internet. Well, by the time I answered a million questions online, answered another million questions over the phone plus a long detailed description of how to set one up, boxed the product, printed the UPS tag, shipped the product, the day was over and I was exhausted. Then I looked at what I actually made hour for hour minus all the materials, snd it wasn't that great. For me it would be better just to wholesale the product to dive shops and let them do the retail end. Their better at it anyway ;-)

Anyway the dive boat/ shop thing to me is very similar. With dive boats there's a whole logistical side too, not to mention having to hire an extra person just to deal with all the individual customerts plus advertising overhead. When all this is said and done they would have to raise their rates to what the dive shops are getting just to make it worth it.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to