diver.net

Camping/Scuba Trip Scorpion Anchorage, Santa Cruz Island

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank Lukowski on June 23, 2009 at 12:37:54:

SpKelpDiver and I have planned a camping/scuba trip to Scorpion Anchorage on Santa Cruz Island. This will be my third time camping / free diving there, but will be our first scuba expedition. I made a previous post on this, months back, asking about the wreck of the Peacock. It seems that there is very little known about this wreck, other then it is NW of Scorpion Rocks laying in 60ft.

I am wondering if there are any areas of interest for divers that is located close to Scorpion Anchorage? On my two free dive trips here, I found some shallow kelp beds and reefs located off the pier and over towards little Scorpion Anchorage "which is the closet mooring site". If worst comes to worst, I will just wing it and explore those surrounding areas. But if anyone has dove this area and knows of any particular site which is especially nice for scuba, please share.

One site which is described in a diving book I have is Southeast Scorpions. It mentions that there are a series of mini walls and ledges in about 25-65ft of water. Unfortunately there is no map to this specific site in the book and it only has a very vague description of its location. Any data, maps or experience for this area and any site in the general vicinity would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to