diver.net

Good Diving To End A Frustrating Month

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on June 29, 2009 at 04:28:53:

I've been planning to make a long video of Marineland all month. I shot a lot of topside shots while waiting for water conditions to improve. I flooded the housing during my first attempt. On my second try, I lost the video lights. Both mishaps turned out OK, but every dive since then has been in less than five feet of visibility.
We took a break yesterday and went with Ross-O to Hawthorne Reef and Neptune Cove instead. Conditions were pretty good with twenty feet vis and cold water. Merry's computer had 52F while mine had 49F. While I was looking at slugs and snails, Merry spotted a large lingcod and Jeff got to see his first Mola Mola underwater. Ross got a good picture of it being cleaned. I got a snail crawling. :(
We moved over to Neptune Cove for our next dive. The water was a bit warmer in the shallow water at 55F with about fifteen feet of vis. Ross and Jeff had a four foot Giant Seabass come up to them. Ross shot some great video of it. I got a nudibranch swaying in the surge. :(

Click on HD

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.