diver.net

Comparing an Anacapa trip to Catalina?

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Meagher on July 09, 2009 at 09:59:21:

In Reply to: Re: who would have thought you could still get a 3 dive day at catalina for $115 posted by Carlos Linares on July 08, 2009 at 20:02:51:

I guess I'd go on that Anacapa trip, if I lived close to Ventura harbor where the Anacapa boat leaves from. Thats a decent price.

But I suspect you werent trying to imply that diving Anacapa is the same as diving Catalina. Like all the islands, each island is a bit different.

I've dove Anacapa, and Catalina, and although Anacapa is nice,if the drive to the marina were not a factor, I'd choose Catalina as it has so much more to offer in terms of diving site options. Ship Rock, Bird Rock, Hidden reef, the west end, The airplane wreck, Little Farnsworth, on and on. And thats just the front side.

Plus.. the Value of the Great Escapes $115 full day 3 dive Catalina trip is amazing, many divers these days dont fully appreciate what value there is here compared to a similar boat trip 20 years ago.

Here is what you get included with that $115 trip on on the GE:

The boat is a stable 80' long x 25' wide.
You can bunk overnight on the boat if desired, for free.
You can park for free.
A full breakfast is included the morning you depart, ie. made to order omlette, or waffles, its a full breakfast.
Snacks and fruit between dives.
A full spread buffet lunch. Theres plenty of food.
Sodas (yes via a fountain and beer is an extra charge)
3 Full dives (4 possibly if they were to park the boat at the same spot, which they dont usually do. They often move between dives)
3000 psi airfills are included.

I'm not trying to bash your Anacapa trip..thats a decent trip, for the right person. Its just not the same trip.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to