diver.net

Raining on someone else's parade?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Meagher on July 09, 2009 at 17:04:42:

In Reply to: Re: Comparing an Anacapa trip to Catalina? posted by Carlos Linares on July 09, 2009 at 13:01:40:

Carlos, you are right there are some very good boats out there. And they are all differnt in their own right, and divers pick them due to multiple personal preference issues.

The only thing that I personally thought was a little out of line about your post on this thread was you used a thread that someone started thanking the Great Escape, to promote a competing business. But, then again, the original thread was not posted by the GE or Captain Tim.. so perhaps.. it is "fair game" to comingle other options in that line of discussion. Heck I dont know.

But in my humble opinion is that was in bad form. Perhaps it might have shown more class if you simply posted a completely new thread touting the other dive boat options.

For example: The dive boat Macigian is often posting open boat trips on this forum. Good for them. Chris allows that. But, you have never seen any other boat (ie. the Great Escape) attaching to that very same thread..and plugging their competing trips. Thats simply not cool.

FYI, all of this is my opion too. I am not involved with the GE. I am not a partner, not an owner nor an employee of the boat. I am only an old friend of the captain trying to help him when I can to help make him have a more successful business.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to