diver.net

As a native San Diegan...

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by divinotter on July 21, 2009 at 17:15:20:

In Reply to: Judge orders removal of seals from La Jolla Children's Pool posted by on July 21, 2009 at 05:39:13:

I played in that 'pool' as a kid- walked out on the 'wall' saw people get swept off the wall saw my brothers dive the 'Clam'. I was sad to see the pool go and thought it was a dumb idea to leave what was for children to the seals that we saw everywhere. But... now I have to say - it's too late to go back the other way. How much erosion to the wall and other changes have occured in 20 years? How can the current guards go back to patrolling that area with the effectiveness of 20 years ago on today's budgets? And the seals that are there now have been there for generations - how do you get them to understand that yes- granpa seal used to lay here but now there are barking dogs and you need to fight some other seal for it's territory? I'd say nature has already reclaimed the area - 2 wrongs don't make a right and it's kind of on the edge as being child safe (for this litigious (sp?) generation anyway. Has anybody asked the guards that practically live out there on the sand? They were some of the best on the coast back in the day and probably have an opinion-

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to