diver.net

Re: Miller's Reef

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Baja haha on August 14, 2009 at 08:28:48:

In Reply to: Miller's Reef posted by Max Bottomtime on August 13, 2009 at 10:06:17:

re Miller's Reef

I am surprised that it is dove as a club activity. It is indeed a long swim and often in boat traffic. However the rewards are good and great. Generally clear water, minimal surge and initially very game productive, scallops, abalone, and both pelagic and residential fish.

When I discovered the reef I knew it was a virgin reef..It was covered with all sorts of anchors, the sign that boaters had anchored there and it was a productive reef. I recovered three rather large yachtsmen kedges, the Popeye anchors. Two about 4-1/2 long and the other about 5-1/2 foot long. The long one and the short ones are resting in my yard as a nautical decor, the other one I shared with a female diving companion who has been out of diving for 30 years, so the anchor is probably been tossed...SAD!

It had been my reef which I shared with only closest friends--then in a passing conversation shared with Dale the next thing I know it was it his news paper and later in his book...now it is like Grand Central station...take a number and board the train.

I do not know the club --do you ever break away, venture into OC and dive with them?

SDM

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.