Buddy(ies): Angelique
Time: 8:11 am.
Bottom Time: 60 Min
Max Depth: 67 fsw
Vis: 10-15 Feet
Wave height: 2-3 Feet
Temp at depth: 56 F
Surface Temp: 65F

After too long of a dry spell, I needed to get back into the H2O. What other logical place is there to go but Long Point at Old / New Marineland, Bottomtime Bay, Phil’s Point, Bottomtime Bend, Garner Cove, Max's Marina, Phil's Nudi and Ab Farm ( Diver.net comedy). I think calling it just Marineland might be the best option in my humble opinion.

After some botched planning, I met up with my good old dive buddy of 5 years Angelique. We suited up and started to make our way over to the point. Walking along the trail, we noticed some decent sized waves rolling in. When we reached the point and made it down to the entry point, we both knew that timing this right was going to be real fun…. After waiting for the perfect lull to arrive, we both made it out without a hitch. The visibility at the surface was a bit cloudy as we made it through the kelp on our way to the drop area. The plan was to go out to the pinnacles, stay for a while and then motor back to the cove.

When we dropped, the vis was not too bad (10-15 feet) and as we made our way out, we immediately started to come across a nice variety of nudi’s around 30 to 40 feet. We worked our way out slowly stopping for pictures here and there. It’s so great to finally see Angelique getting into underwater photography. For all of the years that we have been diving together, she was always the best spotter in the business. Now that she is shooting, we both can capture the same subjects. In total, we came across 7-8 species of nudi’s during the dive.

We ended up not hitting the pinnacles but the rock formations we did come across were just fine. I think we were close but not close enough. After it was time to turn and start heading back it was very interesting to see the large amounts of kelp growing where for many years it was not there before. The only issue when coming back is working through the kelp when there is a bit surge. The poor visibility on the way back did not help either. We surfaced a little ways from the cove and as we were kicking back, we ran into a group on the way out. Over all, it was a great dive!!

My pictures are not some of my best but here are a few that came out just OK.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to