diver.net

Too many Captains here, I need a promotion Sir!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Commodare Andy on September 11, 2009 at 03:45:15:

In Reply to: Belated Dive Report - Sept 5th - Star of Scotland BSB & Two-Buck Chuck! posted by Patrick on September 10, 2009 at 10:12:04:

I need a promotion. There are too many captains here. Unfortunately, the next general rank is Rear Admiral and my wife who is the real Admiral already fills that position. So what can I do? I think I’ll go for the rank of Commodore. Not only do I “command” the Moby Kate but also the Moby Robin, our 10 foot inflatable. And since that puts me in command of the “Moby Squadron”, I think I rate the title of Commodore. I already have a blue and white pennant (looks a lot like an international alpha flag to me) that I can fly when at home or embarked aboard.

From Wikipedia: “The ‘title’ of Commodore continues to be used in the U.S. Navy for those senior Captains in command of organizations consisting of groups of ships or submarines organized into squadrons, air wings or air groups of aviation squadrons other than carrier air wings, special warfare groups, and construction battalion regiments. Although not Flag Officers, modern day Commodores in the U.S. Navy rate a blue and white command pennant that is normally flown at their headquarters facilities ashore or from ships they are embarked aboard.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to