diver.net

Re: Free REEF Species ID Classes and Dive, L.A.

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Janna Nichols on September 11, 2009 at 21:54:20:

In Reply to: Free REEF Species ID Class and Dive, L.A. posted by Divebum Don on September 10, 2009 at 20:47:36:

Hi everyone,

I'll be one of the instructors for these free courses, and was told I should post the announcement here. Fun to log on and see someone beat me to it! Thanks!

Basically, here's the scoop:
We're hopping a plane and flying from Washington to offer the REEF marine life ID classes in your neck-of-the-woods, Sept 23rd - 26th. All classes are free.

The REEF ID classes are a fun way to not only learn what critters you're seeing on your dives, but to get involved with a popular worldwide citizen science monitoring program that you can participate in on any recreational dive, at any site, anytime. (and no cost to get involved). We'll show you how - it's pretty simple, and a lot of fun too!

I've been teaching these types of courses for REEF in the Pacific NW for the past 7 years and will be accompanied by REEF's Director of Science, Dr. Christy Semmens. We figured it was high time for us to spread the love to our California cohorts. :)

Wednesday, Sept 23rd - Intro to SoCal Fish ID 6:30 - 9pm FREE Newport Beach Tennis Club
Thursday, Sept 24th - Intro to SoCal Fish ID 6pm - 8:30pm FREE Manhattan Beach REI
Friday, Sept 25th - Intro to SoCal Inverts/Algae 6pm - 8:30pm FREE Manhattan Beach REI
Saturday, Sept 26th - 8:30am Practice survey dive and BBQ, Malaga Cove FREE

Although the classes are free, you do need register. You can sign up for one class or two, or just the dive, or everything!
More info and links to signups on my website here:
http://www.pnwscuba.com/critterwatchers/calclasses.htm

If nothing else, come and heckle this Pacific NW gal from the peanut gallery - I need hecklers. And don't hesitate to ask questions - I've subscribed to this list and would love to provide any help I can.

- Janna (and Christy)

--------------------
Janna Nichols
REEF Instructor
DSO, WSU-V
Underwater Photography
CPR/FA/AED Instructor
DAN Instructor
Pacific NW Scuba
www.pnwscuba.com
360-798-6414
><((((°>