diver.net

Vet's 9/26 Night Dive

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on September 26, 2009 at 22:55:45:

After Lee Zaro's report I was really looking forward to our dive tonight. We looked earlier today and the water was pretty clean. It turned out to be the best visibility we've seen there in a year. Other than the surf zone and just beyond we had a decent twenty feet of visibility. The water was a bit warm for drysuits. My computer recorded 71F at the surface and it wasn't the air temperature. It was chilly, foggy and slightly breezy as we made our way through the one foot surf.
Within a minute of dropping we found a tiny Dirona picta. I set the camera down on the sand and the nudibranch turned and crawled toward the lens, right on cue. Zooplankton filled the water column, feeding everything small enough to enjoy it. We enjoyed making sparks like a couple of new divers.
Merry saw an octopus at the base of some of the Redondo junkpile. At first I thought it was just going to sit there and I hesitated to film it. As I hit the record switch I realized he was enjoying a nice meal of at least two bivalves. I was thrilled to capture some actual behavior.
As we made our way back to the shallow water we found a patch of red tide. I thought my lights were dimming, but it was the water. All in all, a fun night in decent conditions. It's been so long since we had a good beach dive.
MB Productions was already taken, so this is the first video from our new company, Kelp Crab Productions.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to