diver.net

Dive Talcott Shoals Sun-Mon Oct 25-26 aboard the Peace with Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sea Divers on October 19, 2009 at 21:53:52:

This coming Sunday & Monday October 25-26, 2009 the Sea Divers are going to Talcott Shoals at Santa Rosa Island aboard the Peace.

Talcott is a great spot for lobster hunting and often produces large bugs.

I go to hunt bugs, but this year I have also started to do some dives with the camera, because these trips go to spots that sightseeing only trips usually do not. One advantage of that is seeing creatures and habitats that are usually not photographed much. For example I was there last week and got these shots.

Parapholas californica (California Piddock, Scale-Sided Piddock)
Parapholas californica (California Piddock, Scale-Sided Piddock)

Artedius lateralis (Smoothhead Sculpin) burying itself with it's pectoral fins
Artedius lateralis (Smoothhead Sculpin) burying itself with it's pectoral fins

Neoclinus stephensae (Yellowfin Fringehead)Neoclinus stephensae (Yellowfin Fringehead) out of it's hole

So if you want a opportunity for good bug hunting, or a chance to photograph in an environment you don't normally get taken to you should come on this trip.

The trip boards Saturday at 8PM and departs promptly at midnight in Ventura Harbor. The cost is $330 for members and $345 for non-members. However if you have never dove with the Sea Divers in the past and choose to join the club, you can get your first year membership and the dive at the meber price of $330.

Call Skylor at (714) 377-8044 or email him to reserve your bunk and pay online at The Sea Divers web site.

I hope to see you on the trip!

Chris Grossman
Prisident
The Sea Divers

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full