diver.net

Re: Bill Macdonald and some great video

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by baja on November 09, 2009 at 13:19:58:

In Reply to: Bill Macdonald and some great video posted by Andy S on November 09, 2009 at 08:47:25:

Bill and I go way back to Bill's post LB SC & the LA Co days..40 to almost 50 years ago. At that time our families were very close, and socialized often.

When his son, Duncan Christen McDonald was born Bill & at that time Pam, his fist wife, began calling Duncan "DCM" or "Decompression Meter." It was my second daughter who some how gave him the name "Dusty Dan" which has remained his name in our family.

We continued to remain in contact during his US Diver's days and the 2-3 years he spent with the God of under water, Cousteau. Then life got complicated and we some how drifted apart

Never the less though out the years we have some how remained in contact, often as now relaying messages via a third party.

We had a great set down and catch up at last year's DEMA but I did not attend this year. My son who is a hyperbaric doctor always accompanies me to that fiesta of the diving world, but this year he had to attend a CED in Boston which was in conflict with DEMA. We do plan on attending next year in LV and look forward to catching with the McDonalds and hopefully meeting you as it is often quoted "up close and personal."

In the mean time please give the Macdonald my regards,
SDM

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to