diver.net

Re: A study?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on November 13, 2009 at 13:31:53:

In Reply to: A study? posted by Elaine on November 13, 2009 at 13:19:28:

I know, no money for a study. Maybe someone like Kurt from ODA would be interested in lending a hand with transportation, organization. Although they primarily focus on derelict fishing gear, it almost lies within their mission statement.

"Ocean Defenders Alliance (ODA)
is a nonprofit grassroots marine conservation organization founded and based in Orange County, California, since 2002. ODA strives to make our coastal waters safer for ocean wildlife by removing dangerous man-made objects from the sea floor, especially abandoned commercial fishing gear that poses a serious threat to numerous species. ODA carefully liberates animals found trapped in derelict gear that needlessly continues to capture and kill."

If this isn't an area for ODA, and if having an org. like ODA participate would seem too threatening, maybe one of the fishing boats would like to provide transportation for a study. I don't think it is fair that the dive community bear the financial weight of every aspect of ocean issues. It would be nice to see a fishing boat chip in for something. Just my 2 cents.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to