diver.net

Re: Re: Farnsworth update - still open for business

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Curtis on November 13, 2009 at 14:34:40:

In Reply to: Re: Farnsworth update - still open for business posted by Mike Meagher on November 12, 2009 at 09:41:17:

Although I truly do not have a problem with moorings at Farnsworth especially since I'm a biologist and love the purple coral gardens (if it is indeed feasible and someway to keep it up as Fish and Game doesn't have the money to do this or monitor it), but there are several areas (as Mike Meagher mentions) that I prefer to dive that are at distances from the high spot, which would entail putting in 3 or 4 mooring locations - a process I think is entirely infeasible. I guess this means that I can see a lot of pluses for doing it, but too many negatives at this point. Again, although it is sad to see the broken coral and I always take pains to make sure my anchor does only minimal damage (moving the chain and anchor when I'm down), it obviously grows much faster than anyone apparently gives it credit. Diving areas on the high spot since the 70s gives me some perspective on its ability to recover from damage. The gardens of purple coral I see now are possibly even better than I saw in the 70s. But then I'm a lot older now!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to