diver.net

My baptism at Old Marineland!

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JohnC on November 14, 2009 at 02:48:54:

After more than 2 years of slobbering over the pics and videos posted here (Thank you Phil & Mary), I finally made my first dives at Old Marineland Thursday.

Last week while I was checking out Deer Creek, I met diver Vic. He mentioned that Old Marineland was his main dive site. I told him I had wanted to dive there for some time, but wanted to go with someone who knew the site. That was all it took.

This Thursday we carpooled into diving perfection. His plan was to take me to the cove, mainly for his ankles sake and partly because I was new to the site.

At least than was until he saw how flat the cove was. Then he got REALLY excited and said we should check out the point. It was just as flat and after 2 years of dreaming I was more than game to traverse a few rocks. BOY, AM I GLAD WE DID!!!

We slipped out through the rocks just left of the point and dropped in at the edge of the kelp. I was greeted by large rock formations, abundant marine life and a little wave of anger that my new camera housing was on back order!

Following Vic was like chasing a teenager late for a hot date. We covered a lot of ground for the first half hour, then slowed down to enjoy. Man, there is a lot I could say, but I’m keeping my trap shut.

Thanks Vic for taking the time to show someone new the beauty of this place. And for the pics you took.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to