Buddy(ies): Angelique
Time: 9:18 am.
Bottom Time: 52 Min
Max Depth: 42 fsw
Vis: 10 Feet at best
Wave height: 1-2 Feet
Temp at depth: 59 F
Surface Temp: 64 F

Another beautiful SoCal morning in the PV area. When I arrived at OML, I noticed that the surface of the water across the area had slow moving rollers and the point did not look too safe for an entry. I am quite sure that the kick out to the point would be no fun and the surge on the way back in would also be a challenge. So, my lazy ass decided that we do the 120 Reef today.

I knew Jake was going in before us and on the way down to the cove we ran into him and got the news of 10 foot vis. Oh well……

The entry at the cove was super easy. On the way out to the drop zone, we noticed that the amount of kelp in the cove had lessoned over the last few months. We dropped at our usual spot and began our 120 directional kick. The plan for today was to go 120, then 90 to 0 then back to the cove going 270. Even with the poor vis today, we still had a nice leisurely dive working our way through the kelp and looking for critters. We only came across two types of nudis today (White Spotted Dorid and Noble Doris) with no Spanish Shawls to be found. There was a decent amount of fish out today and we even ran into a big school of Barracudas toward the end of the dive.

Today was not a good photo day at all. My camera was not working correctly and I found out why when I got back home. One of the inside buttons screwed into the housing came loose and I could not push the trigger with a screw blocking the area. I did manage to get off a few macro shots below:

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to