diver.net

Re: Good Morning

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on January 01, 2010 at 19:12:28:

In Reply to: Good Morning posted by seahunt on December 29, 2009 at 03:52:27:

Good morning to flat and glassy seas!

The weekend before last i spent a couple of nights on that incredible submerged mountain top~ Left home at 10AM (How presumptuous of me~!) Beautiful run out to the bank.

I wanted to swim on the wreck so when i got there, i staged a hundred yards north for a couple of hours--gear out and waiting for the right time to slip into the realm..

a big set swept thru and i knew that it was too risky so i set up (for the night) a thousand feet south in 45'. Twenty minutes later i hear the subtle thunder of a wave cresting over the wreck...

Sunday i spent a lot of time drifting over the bank looking thru the window--60 degrees in the water and around 35ft vis. I didn't see any gamefish, but i did see the usual critters..[this bank has been worked over harder than Palos Verdes]

I ran off the bank shortly after sunup on Monday morning. Unlimited visibility except for a 20nm fog bank that broke a few miles before the west end of San Clemente Island. Awesome, as you skim across the surface at 30kts, watching the islands twist around you on absolutely flat seas.

The next morning, it was 16 ft @ 12 seconds, gusting to 35kts on the bank.

What a difference a day makes..

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.