Buddy(ies): Angelique
Time: 8:52 am.
Bottom Time: 40 min
Max Depth: 90 fsw
Vis: 10-15 feet
Wave height: 1-2 feet
Temp at depth: 57F
Surface Temp: 62F

The ocean looked pretty calm at our mud hole last night. The surface was glassy and there was no wind to speak of. The waves were almost nothing too so it looked like a perfect night to go diving.

We suited up and made our way down to the waters edge. The entry was pretty funny because even though the waves were small, there was a huge step down that made things interesting. It was like walking off the deep end of a pool and then stepping back up to a normal slope.

We kicked out and entered into pretty clear water. The plan was to go to about 75 or 80 and then work our way back again. When we reached about 85 to 90, we came across a pretty good size lobster at the sunken pipe that Angelique quickly scooped up. As we made our way back to the bottom of the slope we came across a huge Pacific Electric Ray. This guy just glided down in from above and went right past us. I quickly shifted my camera to movie mode and went after it to shoot a short video.

The dive was cut short on account of mask problems that Angelique had with her new piece of equipment. Anyone have a good solution to make sure a mask does not continually fog up?

Our exit was tricky on account of the huge step up in the surf zone. I got super lucky and timed it perfectly by lifting my legs, bending my knees and then just standing up to walk right out.

Below are some highlights from the dive:

Video Of The Pacific Electric Ray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBCVtMfYz8o

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the