diver.net

Re: Response to posting of Jan 24, 2010

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on January 25, 2010 at 20:51:52:

In Reply to: Response to posting of Jan 24, 2010 posted by Dr Samuel Miller,111 on January 25, 2010 at 08:58:36:

I try to make my web site a chronicle of what California Diving is and was. It is
not what most people today know of diving. I don't just wave at the pretty fishes
and that is not why the first divers went into the water. I hope when I go in the
water that I am more than just a tourist.
I would be honored to add your essay and some of your comments to the site and will
certainly appropriately credit your offer of knowledge. Lore such as that should not
be lost. The main reason my website is anonymous is that it is not supposed to be
just my story, it is supposed to be the story of divers.
It's funny you mention Waves and Beaches by Willard Bascome. I remember that book well
from college. I remember the part about a farm boy first seeing the ocean and then
going into the huge waves of the Colombia River mouth. I should probably read it
again.
So the story of Jack O'neil was not true. Fascinating. I like to get the true stories.
Aaaaahhhhhh! Burning tires for warmth on the beach! Scary!!!
I bet that you remember the beautiful red mohogany Chris Craft boats. On nice days, I
used to see them at Anacapa and Yellowbanks.
You have to be careful about diving. If you try it out, you may find it changing your
life. I think it fair to say it adds a great richness.
So well I know, you can never go back, but if we carefully remember, perhaps we can
see it again.
Thank you, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to