diver.net

Re: Re: Scuba Toys picks up Freedom Plate

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Sedletzky on January 30, 2010 at 08:53:34:

In Reply to: Re: Scuba Toys picks up Freedom Plate posted by Max Bottomtime on January 30, 2010 at 07:30:15:

For some reason I can't view your pic.
There are two small holes in the plate but that's only for some small screws to hold the removable rail on. The rail replaced the welded on bracket like the one you have. I wanted it more versitile so I made it so it could be used with or without the rail for travel or some people like the tank super close. Different configurations of rails can be used depending how you want the tank to sit.
Some vintage guys use a pheonix conversion on a Aqualung double hose (either a PRAM or PDAAM) which makes the can sit about 3/4" closer in. For this I make a 3/4" straight rail that holds the tank far enough away that the can won't hit the plate.

I did set one up for doubles but that required two different holes on 9.5" centers. I used 3/8" x 6" stainless carriage bolts to hold the plate to the bands. The top bolt is adjustable so the plate can be adjusted in or out to fit perfectly. I was able to use one of the upper holes in a doubles wing I have but had top burn in a second hole at the bottom to make it work. I may just try and backpack dive the doubles and do without the wing.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to