diver.net

Re: what camera would you buy if you were limited to say 400.00 ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on February 21, 2010 at 19:22:16:

In Reply to: what camera would you buy if you were limited to say 400.00 ? posted by JohnC on February 21, 2010 at 16:40:17:

As cheap a camera as available. Save your money for a good camera, but be prepared to spend some $$$'s. You will get some great advice from this board's photogs on quality cameras - thier pictures prove they know what they are doing. But these are not $400 cameras.

Canon makes some decent UW housings for thier digital cameras which you can order from Walmart, etc. These will allow you to get some more practice and prepare yourself for the inevitable flooding.

I stopped at my Sea and Sea MX5 with strobe - I got some really good shots with it, but nothing like Chris, Elaine or Walter. Although it was film, it was in the $400 range. To go that next step of quality was going to put me in the $3-5,000 plus range and I figured I'd just enjoy thier pictures (and my memories)

Oddly enough, I got some great pictures with an old Ikelite housing and disposable film cameras - Shoot toward the surface and keep it shallow so you get good light and colors. Cost was under $70; flooding = price of disposable camera! (but it never flooded).

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to