diver.net

Re: Max Bottomtime the author

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on February 27, 2010 at 06:07:39:

In Reply to: Max Bottomtime the author posted by ~eJ on February 26, 2010 at 13:44:11:

Thanks, everyone. While the reefs have remain relatively unchanged over the past twenty years, the beach changes every other day this winter, it seems. I can't remember a two month period when it was virtually undiveable.
Terranea Resort has made access to the water easier. Gone are the days of using the hose I placed there in 1987, or using the bushes for a restroom. A bonus for me has been explaining to curious tourists the diversity of life there. Most are amazed at the color when they see my photos.
One other bonus is the disappearance of the ritual that Divebum Don, Merry and I, and occasionally others shared...the post dive beach cleanup. One day we filled two truck beds with trash left behind fishermen. It was difficult to keep up with them and the vandals. It's now a very pleasant dive experiencs, well, except fot the bone crushing that goes on during entries and exits. :)
Steve Clark is currently on the Disabled List thanks to the big bad rocks there.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to