diver.net

Seahunt- Life in Hawaii

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by B. Xavier on April 11, 2010 at 22:38:23:

Hey Seahunt: Diving here is great as usual. Not diving as much as I need to be because I'm hunting for work. I am a high school teacher and left a good job in the city- working for the man every night and day. Anyway, I've been subbing everyday on the Big Island and man do they need good teachers. The educational system here is lacking and needs improvement in lots of places. Got another part time job on the rental car line cleaning and moving cars- this is a hard job but many career opportunities in the rental car business. The saddest part is watching all of the people have to leave the island. If you want to move to the islands be prepared to do whatever it takes to live here- including taking a job you wouldn't think of taking in CA. Damn I miss the kelp! All of the coral in the world will never make up for not seeing the kelp. Great bird hunting on the island and a million turkeys. Only pigs and goats to hunt as big game. The water here has a special color, and the trade winds always blow in through the house to cool it every morning and evening. Sometimes I miss CA diving: Monterey for sure, Morro Bay, Laguna Beach, and Catalina. I'm coming back someday to dive more. Come to the islands. Weird things I've experienced since I got here: tsunamis, hoarding of ice cream and other island things, trying to find a car with under 195,0000 miles on it, the absolute best garage sales in the entire world (everybody is always coming and going), the most beautiful girls with the islands tattoed on their rears, and the absolute strongest weightlifters in the world. I think people here eat much better than on the mainland overall. Lots of nice people, and no horn honking. Come over sometime. B. Xavier

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to