diver.net

Re: Re: What has been your experiance with drysuits, suggestions ?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Wallace on April 17, 2010 at 12:21:34:

In Reply to: Re: What has been your experiance with drysuits, suggestions ? posted by Max Bottomtime on April 16, 2010 at 16:49:34:

I have had several drysuits. They all will do the job of keeping you dry with care and maintenance. First suit was a vulcanized rubber (Viking) that was tough and heavy. Would have been a great suit if I was diving in Haz Mat or the like. Next one was a Mobby's. It was a Twin Shell Pro - had an external 1000 Denier Cordura shell and a material that was called CAP for the inner shell. Seem to remember lots of leaks with this one. Last (and current and most expensive) suit is a DUI TLS350 Signature Series. It is a trilaminate material. I've had this suit for 10+ years, have had the seals replaced three times and a zipper replaced once. The DUI has been my favorite of the three. All have had latex seals and except for the DUI, shoulder entry zippers. No matter which suit you own, be prepared to take extra time to set it up before use and clean it up after use. The same goes for whatever undergarment you choose as well.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to